Please log in to watch this conference skillscast.
In this talk, Petra will take a look at patterns and means to implement (Distributed) Tracing in services written in Scala. After introducing the basic concepts, Petra will share with you some code examples and implement tracing in a small system of yet uninstrumented services. You'll learn about available support for widely used libraries and cover best practices for writing your own instrumentation.
YOU MAY ALSO LIKE:
- Domain Models in Practice with Marco Heimeshoff (Online Course on 10th - 14th May 2021)
- Essential Effects | ScalaCon Workshop (Online Course on 10th - 13th May 2021)
- ScalaCon 2021 (Online Conference on 18th - 22nd May 2021)
- LDN *Virtual* Talks Apr 2021 *Red Badger Takeover* (Online Meetup on 27th April 2021)
- Three Challenges in Microservices: Developer Feedback, Continuous Delivery, and Cost Optimization (SkillsCast recorded in April 2021)
- Real-world API Modularization with DDD and Hypermedia (SkillsCast recorded in April 2021)
Connecting the Dots With (Distributed) Tracing
Petra Bierleutgeb is an independent software engineer with a strong interest in software architecture and infrastructure. In 2009 she bought the first edition of "Programming in Scala" and has been an active member of the Scala community ever since. Petra loves rock climbing and the outdoors.