Please log in to watch this conference skillscast.
In this talk, Petra will take a look at patterns and means to implement (Distributed) Tracing in services written in Scala. After introducing the basic concepts, Petra will share with you some code examples and implement tracing in a small system of yet uninstrumented services. You'll learn about available support for widely used libraries and cover best practices for writing your own instrumentation.
YOU MAY ALSO LIKE:
- Functional Domain Models in Practice with Marco Heimeshoff (Online Workshop on 17th - 21st October 2022)
- Java Forum (Online Conference on 31st August 2022)
- ScalaCon 2022: Opening Keynote Networking Party (in London on 4th October 2022)
- Developer Productivity Engineering - Next Big Thing in Software Development (in London on 29th June 2022)
- LJC Lunchtime Lighting Talks (Online Meetup on 1st July 2022)
- Gravitee APIM Behind Istio Service Mesh (SkillsCast recorded in May 2022)
- Enabling Microservice Success (SkillsCast recorded in May 2022)
Connecting the Dots With (Distributed) Tracing
Petra Bierleutgeb is an independent software engineer with a strong interest in software architecture and infrastructure. In 2009 she bought the first edition of "Programming in Scala" and has been an active member of the Scala community ever since. Petra loves rock climbing and the outdoors.