Please log in to watch this conference skillscast.
In this talk, Petra will take a look at patterns and means to implement (Distributed) Tracing in services written in Scala. After introducing the basic concepts, Petra will share with you some code examples and implement tracing in a small system of yet uninstrumented services. You'll learn about available support for widely used libraries and cover best practices for writing your own instrumentation.
YOU MAY ALSO LIKE:
- Understanding Distributed Systems using OpenTelemetry with Liz Fong-Jones (Online Course on 22nd September 2021)
- Mastering Eventual Consistency — Half‑Day Workshop [SAG Digital 2021] (Online Course on 12th October 2021)
- ScalaCon 2021: November Edition (Online Conference on 2nd - 5th November 2021)
- From Domain Boundaries to Purposeful Architecture (SkillsCast recorded in June 2021)
- Building a Runtime Reflection System for Rust (SkillsCast recorded in May 2021)
Connecting the Dots With (Distributed) Tracing
Petra Bierleutgeb is an independent software engineer with a strong interest in software architecture and infrastructure. In 2009 she bought the first edition of "Programming in Scala" and has been an active member of the Scala community ever since. Petra loves rock climbing and the outdoors.