You used the Spring framework to create web-services in the blink of an eye. And you know how great it’s to build small services that compose into a larger system. And it works great — until you have to run it in production.
With so many dependencies, how do you deploy applications in the right order? And what about service discovering and config management? Should you create microservices for those? How do you scale services independently so that you are not wasting resources?
In this talk, you’ll learn how to design, package and deploy reliable Spring Boot applications to Kubernetes. You'll understand the many configuration options available to configure your cluster and how best to tweak them to scale your application. Afterwards, you'll be able to sleep easy knowing you've followed Kubernetes best practices, so you avoid those wake-up calls in the middle of the night!
YOU MAY ALSO LIKE:
- Scaling Microservices with Message Queues, Spring Boot and Kubernetes (SkillsCast recorded in November 2018)
- Docker Fundamentals with Matt Saunders (Online Course on 21st - 24th September 2020)
- Extreme Java: Advanced Topics with Dr Heinz Kabutz (Online Course on 28th - 29th September 2020)
- Building and Leading Remote Teams (Online Meetup on 19th August 2020)
- Building a Cloud Native Application with Quarkus (Online Meetup on 27th August 2020)
- Debugging Containers on Kubernetes with "kubectl debug" (SkillsCast recorded in July 2020)
- Test Automation Beyond Java 8 (SkillsCast recorded in July 2020)
Deploying and Scaling Spring Boot Microservices to Kubernetes