Please log in to watch this conference skillscast.
"Go and make the developers more productive" the Managing Director told Peter as he began his role as Interim Development Manager. There was an obvious frustration by the business with the productivity of the development team - and the development team was frustrated with the business!
This could be the story of how productivity improved by introducing lean ideas across the entire business and how it resulted in the faster delivery of value. And it is that. But more importantly, it's the story of how some experiments in toe-curling honesty has helped the business focus on their goal and removed frustration as all people get to use their own skills in delivering better products more quickly.
YOU MAY ALSO LIKE:
- Making Mistakes (and Triumphs) with Microservices - Stories From A Real Microservices Project (SkillsCast recorded in November 2014)
- Applied Domain-Driven Design — Full-Stack Event Sourcing (in Online Event on 9th July 2020)
- Debugging Containers on Kubernetes with "kubectl debug" (in Online Event on 23rd July 2020)
- Safe and Reproducible Deployments with Immutable Infrastructure (SkillsCast recorded in May 2020)
- Kaizen To Karōshi - Burnout in Agile Teams and What You Can Do About It. (SkillsCast recorded in October 2019)
Can You Be Too Honest? Experiments in Better Productivity through Transparency
Peter started as a C programmer back in the late 1980s and is a software & data architect, developer, trainer and interim manager. Since 2003 he has worked as a consultant with a range of organisations ranging from large multinationals to small startups.