Please log in to watch this conference skillscast.
"Go and make the developers more productive" the Managing Director told Peter as he began his role as Interim Development Manager. There was an obvious frustration by the business with the productivity of the development team - and the development team was frustrated with the business!
This could be the story of how productivity improved by introducing lean ideas across the entire business and how it resulted in the faster delivery of value. And it is that. But more importantly, it's the story of how some experiments in toe-curling honesty has helped the business focus on their goal and removed frustration as all people get to use their own skills in delivering better products more quickly.
YOU MAY ALSO LIKE:
- Making Mistakes (and Triumphs) with Microservices - Stories From A Real Microservices Project (SkillsCast recorded in November 2014)
- Sociotechnical Domain-Driven Design with Kacper Gunia (Online Course on 18th - 19th February 2021)
- Android Architecture with Jorge Ortiz-Fuentes (Online Course on 22nd - 24th February 2021)
- Accelerated Software eXchange Forum (Online Conference on 18th February 2021)
- μCon: The Microservices eXchange (Online Conference on 13th - 14th April 2021)
- Evolutionary Architecture (SkillsCast recorded in January 2021)
- What an Architect Can Learn from Retrospective Failures (SkillsCast recorded in December 2020)
Can You Be Too Honest? Experiments in Better Productivity through Transparency
Peter started as a C programmer back in the late 1980s and is a software & data architect, developer, trainer and interim manager. Since 2003 he has worked as a consultant with a range of organisations ranging from large multinationals to small startups.