In this talk, Jon Gibbins gives a practical introduction to accessibility for front end designers and developers. He will walk through some typical accessibility barriers and situations where an accessible user experience does not necessarily come from simply adhering to accessibility guidelines. Find out how you can easily experience accessibility for yourself using something you likely have in your pocket – a smartphone. Leave with some tips under your belt and a grasp of some technical fundamentals that are often the missing piece of the puzzle for developers' understanding of accessibility.
YOU MAY ALSO LIKE:
- Java Forum (Online Conference on 31st August 2022)
- Developer Productivity Engineering - Next Big Thing in Software Development (in London on 29th June 2022)
- LJC Lunchtime Lighting Talks (Online Meetup on 1st July 2022)
- Accessibility Testing: Why and How to Involve People with Disabilities (SkillsCast recorded in October 2021)
- Prepare for What "Looms" Ahead (SkillsCast recorded in February 2021)
Experiencing Digital Accessibility
Jon Gibbins is a freelance accessibility consultant with 15 years' experience and is widely recognised as a leading expert in web and mobile accessibility, interface development and testing. He's worked with big brands around the world, training and working with development and testing teams, and encourages practical and sustainable approaches to accessibility.