Please log in to watch this conference skillscast.
In this talk, you'll explore strategic execution. You’ll take a deep dive into emergent strategy and the curse of OKRs (Objectives and Key Results). You’ll look at reciprocal mental models and how they drive organisational telepathy. Finally, you'll look at Hermes, the Container Solutions toolkit for strategic execution. Hermes lets you avoid pitfalls, reduce risk, and taps into the best of Intel’s OKR system whilst jettisoning the curse of the quarterly cycle using an innovative approach that we call ‘terms and breaks’. An approach designed for complex strategic execution that not only allows for organisational learning but actively encourages it
You will learn about:
The dangers of the current fad around OKRs, and how to avoid them.
How strategic design can be integrated into planning cycles to achieve beyond outstanding results.
How organisational telepathy is developed and nurtured throughout the strategy cycle.
How strategic execution and OKRs integrate with other organisational processes such as hiring, leadership development and coaching
YOU MAY ALSO LIKE:
- Cloud Native Patterns (SkillsCast recorded in September 2019)
- Designing Microservices: Responsibilities, APIs and Collaborations with Chris Richardson (Online Workshop on 23rd - 26th August 2022)
- Docker Fundamentals with Matt Saunders (Online Workshop on 19th - 22nd September 2022)
- YOW! London: In-Person (in London on 22nd - 23rd September 2022)
- YOW! London: Online (Online Conference on 22nd - 23rd September 2022)
- Typescript Beyond the Stack (SkillsCast recorded in July 2022)
- Typescript beyond the stack (SkillsCast recorded in July 2022)
How To Move Fast Without Breaking Everything
Jamie Dobson is co-founder and CEO of Container Solutions, a professional services consultancy specialising in cloud migration. A first encounter with a BBC computer and BASIC at the age of nine launched a lifelong passion for programming and software development. He eventually developed a matching passion for coaching and organisational strategy to help humans work effectively and beneficially with the technology that increasingly drives our lives.
Jamie is co-author of the upcoming O’Reilly book, Cloud Native Patterns. Jamie lives in London, England.