Jillian Kowalchuk will describe her journey through her challenges and unique opportunities as a woman in tech in building her start up, Safe & The City. Safe & The City is a free navigation app which crowdsources routes people feel safer walking and detects trends of sexual harassment to create tangible street-level changes to improve gender equality and city infrastructure.
YOU MAY ALSO LIKE:
- Power Up Diversity! (SkillsCast recorded in May 2018)
- EventStorming Remote Modeling Workshop with Alberto Brandolini (Online Course on 16th - 19th November 2021)
- DDDx — Domain-Driven Design eXchange 2021 (Online Conference on 8th - 9th June 2021)
- Get Confident with Investment Basics & Sustainable Investing (Online Meetup on 21st April 2021)
- YOW!Tube with Jennifer Scheurle (SkillsCast recorded in August 2020)
- Building Careers Frameworks for a Diverse, Digital Environment (SkillsCast recorded in October 2019)
Technologies to Drive Gender Equality
Jillian Kowalchuk is the recipient of the Commonwealth Businesswoman Award for Most Inspiring Role Model despite only operating her company, Safe & The City for about 1-year. Jillian is an avid travel having exposure to 50 different countries and grew her experience and passion to help improve the lives of others, specifically with women. She holds an MSc in Public Health and a BA in Psychology and has worked as a global public health consultant in HIV/AIDS behaviour change campaigns and impact evaluation. Jillian’s genuine, passionate approach, unstoppable work ethic and ability to inspires has led to her accelerated success. She is a member of the Association for Women’s Rights in Development (AWID) and founding member of FemTechTalks, which regularly meets in London to discuss ways in which women can surmount the challenges they face in entrepreneurship and the technology sector.