Please log in to watch this conference skillscast.
Parkrun organise free, weekly, 5km timed runs around the world. They are open to everyone, free, and are safe and easy to take part in. In case any event is cancelled, they have this information on the website. Unfortunately, there is only a promise of an API for notifications.
Gaivile will share how she hacked the parkrun website with Enlive and other tools, to make her own notification system to avoid missing another run.
YOU MAY ALSO LIKE:
- Lightning Talk - Hacking Games in Clojure (SkillsCast recorded in December 2017)
- F# eXchange 2020 (Online Conference on 21st October 2020)
- Haskell eXchange 2020 (Online Conference on 4th - 5th November 2020)
- Web Performance & Agility: A Curious Mashup (SkillsCast recorded in September 2020)
- Accessibility in Flutter (SkillsCast recorded in August 2020)
Lightning Talk: Running without an API
Gaivile is a Clojure developer with a mild addiction to anything active. Primarily focused on the backend, she is passionate about delivering the best quality code and improving people’s lives through technology. With a huge interest in news and innovations, she is now exploring various functional programming tools and libraries.