SkillsCast coming soon.
You can be faced with a nightmare of Xcode, Android Studio, Swift, Objective C, Swift and other options. This means not only learning multiple languages and frameworks but also having to support two different codebases for the same application. But Xamarin Native and Xamarin.Forms offer a powerful, cross-platform development solution for .NET developers looking to target smartphones, tablets, TV’s, computers and IoT devices.
In this talk, Luce shares what Xamarin is including Native and Xamarin.Forms for both C# and F#, how to get started creating a simple HelloWorld app from scratch and a more complex example (will involve at least one Azure service including Cognitive Services for facial recognition). Also how to use Visual Studio Team Services for Continuous Integration and some awesome examples of apps written using Xamarin including ones used to save lives!
Luce will take examples from xamarin.com/customers as well as show this demo about how Xamarin was used alongside other technologies to aid with Skin Cancer prediction.
This talk will include slides, demos, code samples, live coding and the audience will walk away feeling like they too can create a mobile app in just a few minutes and carry their work around with them in their pocket or backpack!
YOU MAY ALSO LIKE:
- Zero to Mobile Hero - Intro to Xamarin and Visual Studio Team Services (SkillsCast recorded in September 2018)
- Fast Track to Chaos Engineering with Russ Miles (in London on 1st - 3rd July 2019)
- Real World Kotlin Development Workshop (in London on 1st - 2nd July 2019)
- ProgNET London 2019 (in London on 11th - 13th September 2019)
- Keynote by Rebecca Franks on Tips for Building Custom Views on Android with Canvas APIs📏🎨 (in London on 19th June 2019)
- Keynote by Kris Nova on The Power of Linux Virtualization with Cloud Native (in London on 19th June 2019)
- Getting Into the Zero Downtime Deployment World (SkillsCast recorded in June 2019)
- Securing microservices in a serverless world (SkillsCast recorded in June 2019)