The Agile approaches and toolset are a great way of involving the whole team in the management of a software development effort. But the same tools, in the wrong hands, make very effective micromanagement tools.
Developers need to take back control of development and put quality at the top of the agenda. The latest thinking in Agile - Continuous Delivery, #NoProjects, #NoEstimates, Mobbing, BDD and #BusTech - offer exciting alternatives for those who want to create great software.
YOU MAY ALSO LIKE:
- Conway's Law & Reverse Conway's Law - How to avoid being caught by it and how to turn it to your advantage (SkillsCast recorded in September 2015)
- Domain-Driven Design in Practice with Michael Plöd (Online Workshop on 13th - 15th December 2022)
- Certified Agile Team Coaching with Ben Maynard & Jon Spruce (Online Workshop on 6th - 10th February 2023)
- YOW! Melbourne Developer Conference 2022 (in Melbourne on 8th - 9th December 2022)
- YOW! Sydney Developer Conference 2022 (in Sydney on 12th - 13th December 2022)
- LJC Live with Andrey Breslav - Shoulders of Giants: Languages Kotlin learned from (in London on 12th December 2022)
- Saving Costs with Pragmatic Serverless Java Architectures (SkillsCast recorded in November 2022)
- Business Agility powered by Product Strategy (SkillsCast recorded in November 2022)
Why Devs Hate Agile and What to do About It
Allan Kelly helps companies large and small enhance their agility and boost their digital offering. Clients include: Virgin Atlantic, Qualcomm, The Bank of England, Reed Elsevier and many more small innovative companies you've never heard of. He invented Value Poker, Time-Value Profiles and Retrospective Dialogue Sheets. He is the author of "Dear Customer, the truth about IT" and books including "Project Myopia", "Continuous Digital", "Xanpan" and "Business Patterns for Software Developers". His blog is at https://www.allankellyassociates.co.uk/blog/