The Agile approaches and toolset are a great way of involving the whole team in the management of a software development effort. But the same tools, in the wrong hands, make very effective micromanagement tools.
Developers need to take back control of development and put quality at the top of the agenda. The latest thinking in Agile - Continuous Delivery, #NoProjects, #NoEstimates, Mobbing, BDD and #BusTech - offer exciting alternatives for those who want to create great software.
YOU MAY ALSO LIKE:
- Conway's Law & Reverse Conway's Law - How to avoid being caught by it and how to turn it to your advantage (SkillsCast recorded in September 2015)
- ICAgile Certified Agile Team Facilitator with Ben Maynard & Jon Spruce (Online Workshop on 5th - 8th June 2023)
- Certified Large-Scale Scrum Practitioner: Principles to Practices (In Person) with Ben Maynard (in London on 26th - 28th June 2023)
- Saving Costs with Pragmatic Serverless Java Architectures (SkillsCast recorded in November 2022)
- Business Agility powered by Product Strategy (SkillsCast recorded in November 2022)
Why Devs Hate Agile and What to do About It
Allan Kelly helps companies large and small enhance their agility and boost their digital offering. Clients include: Virgin Atlantic, Qualcomm, The Bank of England, Reed Elsevier and many more small innovative companies you've never heard of. He invented Value Poker, Time-Value Profiles and Retrospective Dialogue Sheets. He is the author of "Dear Customer, the truth about IT" and books including "Project Myopia", "Continuous Digital", "Xanpan" and "Business Patterns for Software Developers". His blog is at https://www.allankellyassociates.co.uk/blog/