Please log in to watch this conference skillscast.
Nathalie has spent the past three years working on an ambitious tech project and she's been told she’ll fail. Why? "Because it’s too hard. Because it’s too big a problem to solve." She has been told to simplify, to get data on board quickly, to create the illusion of success to gain market traction. You're all busy in the tech industry building products that pull data in and spit data out that people, your customers, use to make informed choices on a daily basis.
But do you ever stop and think about the ramifications of simplifying and brokering data without responsibility?
Because this is just data, right?
YOU MAY ALSO LIKE:
- From Pantomime Donkey To Unicorn Designer (SkillsCast recorded in July 2018)
- Leonardo De Marchi's Deep Learning Fundamentals (in London on 22nd - 23rd October 2019)
- Brian Sletten's Data Science with Python Workshop (in London on 18th - 20th November 2019)
- Scala eXchange London 2019 (in London on 12th - 13th December 2019)
- BeyondTech 2020 (in London on 23rd - 24th April 2020)
- Clean Architecture using BLoC & Voyager: DI & the Widget Router (in London on 21st October 2019)
- Security in the Age of Big Data (Data Anonymisation & Encryption) (in London on 21st October 2019)
- How AI can be used to enable assisted living for the ageing population (SkillsCast recorded in October 2019)
- The importance of DataOps (SkillsCast recorded in October 2019)
It’s Just Data
Nathalie is an experienced and passionate designer, who learnt to code in her 40s to make the transition from graphic designer to an award-winning web developer. After dedicating 16 years of a career break to raising a family, Nathalie continues with her enthusiasm for coding.