Techpreneurs are often seen as geeky non-conformists, but an increasingly diverse and complex business environment means the need to read the room, to build trust quickly, and deliver information clearly, has never been more important.
In his talk, Breaking the Code, the entrepreneurial Chinese-Australian investor and philanthropist Bill Liao remembers his own diffidence when it came to recognising and selling his skills within the tech world. He says it isn’t a matter of changing who you are in a group, but how you are in a group. Bill shares the tools of success using examples like CoderDojo and RebelBio that help create long-term, trust-dependent, relationships within the professional space, and suggests ways professionals in tech can improve their soft skills to be all-round winners.
Come on down to CodeNode to learn from the best, share your ideas and join our vibrant community! Be sure to sign-in early to grab a drink and meet other attendees in a casual, relaxed setting.
18:30-19:00 Sign-in and get settled
19:00-19:45 Bill's presentation
YOU MAY ALSO LIKE:
- Infiniteconf 2019 - A one-day community celebration of Big Data, Machine Learning and AI (in London on 4th July 2019)
- Keynote by Kris Nova on The Power of Linux Virtualization with Cloud Native (in London on 19th June 2019)
- Keynote by Dick Wall on Why API Design Matters, and Why Yours Sucks! (and mine sucks too!) (in London on 24th June 2019)
- From AVA to SIRI: Gendering of virtual personal assistants & Data Protection by Design (SkillsCast recorded in June 2019)
- Frontend Series (SkillsCast recorded in June 2019)
Breaking the Code
Bill Liao is a Chinese-Australian entrepreneur, investor, diplomat, business mentor, author, passionate leader and speaker, with a distinguished record in business development and community activism.