Failure to have these conversations can lead to a wide range of symptoms, such as: resentment of external deadlines, failure in balancing quality vs speed, confusion over product direction, and conflict over estimates. Unfortunately most people have never learned the skills to have these difficult conversations effectively.
In their talk they'll explore how and why human brains default to ineffective strategies, the value of skill development for conversations, and teach you two of their favourite techniques to get started on the road to dramatic improvements: Coherence Busting and Test-Driven Development for People.
Jeffrey and Squirrel together host the weekly Troubleshooting Agile podcast, recently named the year's #1 Agile Podcast! Check it out at http://troubleshootingagile.com.
YOU MAY ALSO LIKE:
- CTO Craft Bytes - Fintech CTO Panel (SkillsCast recorded in September 2017)
- ICAgile Certified Agile Team Facilitator with Ben Maynard & Jon Spruce (Online Workshop on 5th - 8th December 2022)
- Domain-Driven Design in Practice with Michael Plöd (Online Workshop on 13th - 15th December 2022)
- YOW! December 2022: Online (Online Conference on 5th - 13th December 2022)
- YOW! Brisbane Developer Conference 2022 (in Brisbane on 5th - 6th December 2022)
- Foundations of Social Leadership (Online Meetup on 18th January 2023)
- Business Agility powered by Product Strategy (SkillsCast recorded in November 2022)
- Cross-Functional Memes: Real Product Management Lessons from Levity (SkillsCast recorded in November 2022)
Sprinting In Place: The Cost of Missing Leadership Conversations
Jeffrey Fredrick is internationally recognised for his expertise in software development and has 25 years’ experience as a manager and leader. An early adopter and advocate of agile techniques, he has been a regular speaker, coach, and independent consultant on topics including agile software development, corporate strategy, product management and interaction design. His roles have included VP of Product at software-testing startup Agitar, founder at SaaS startup OpenAvenue, and CTO & Head of Product at recently-acquired fintech startup TIM Group. He co-organises the CITCON international series of software conferences with hundreds of attendees on five continents.
Douglas Squirrel has been coding for 40 years and has led software teams for 18 of them. A London-based executive coach and consulting CTO, Douglas makes use of his extensive experience growing teams to advise startup founders and senior managers at companies such as Nested, Lostmy.name, DueDil, Trussle, and MarketInvoice. His previous roles include founding CTO at TIM Group and vice president of engineering at ecommerce startup Secretsales.