Failure to have these conversations can lead to a wide range of symptoms, such as: resentment of external deadlines, failure in balancing quality vs speed, confusion over product direction, and conflict over estimates. Unfortunately most people have never learned the skills to have these difficult conversations effectively.
In their talk they'll explore how and why human brains default to ineffective strategies, the value of skill development for conversations, and teach you two of their favourite techniques to get started on the road to dramatic improvements: Coherence Busting and Test-Driven Development for People.
Jeffrey and Squirrel together host the weekly Troubleshooting Agile podcast, recently named the year's #1 Agile Podcast! Check it out at http://troubleshootingagile.com.
YOU MAY ALSO LIKE:
- CTO Craft Bytes - Fintech CTO Panel (SkillsCast recorded in September 2017)
- Certified Agile Team Coaching with Ben Maynard & Jon Spruce (Online Course on 15th - 18th November 2021)
- Large-Scale Scrum In-Person Courses Bundle with Ben Maynard (in London on 22nd - 26th November 2021)
- Product Elevation 2021 (Online Conference on 18th - 19th November 2021)
- YOW! December 2021 (Online Conference on 30th November - 1st December 2021)
- Jared Spool: The Power of Outcome-based UX Metrics (Online Meetup on 19th October 2021)
- Domain-Driven Design Hands-On Workshop: A DDD-traineeship at "Carries Cars" (Online Meetup on 26th October 2021)
- Retrospecitves Antipatterns (SkillsCast recorded in October 2021)
- Debunking What Makes a Great Leader (SkillsCast recorded in October 2021)
Sprinting In Place: The Cost of Missing Leadership Conversations
Jeffrey Fredrick is internationally recognised for his expertise in software development and has 25 years’ experience as a manager and leader. An early adopter and advocate of agile techniques, he has been a regular speaker, coach, and independent consultant on topics including agile software development, corporate strategy, product management and interaction design. His roles have included VP of Product at software-testing startup Agitar, founder at SaaS startup OpenAvenue, and CTO & Head of Product at recently-acquired fintech startup TIM Group. He co-organises the CITCON international series of software conferences with hundreds of attendees on five continents.
Douglas Squirrel has been coding for 40 years and has led software teams for 18 of them. A London-based executive coach and consulting CTO, Douglas makes use of his extensive experience growing teams to advise startup founders and senior managers at companies such as Nested, Lostmy.name, DueDil, Trussle, and MarketInvoice. His previous roles include founding CTO at TIM Group and vice president of engineering at ecommerce startup Secretsales.