Are you missing the promised benefits of Agile? Douglas and Jeffrey believe that the biggest key to improved performance has been holding effective conversations on difficult topics like Trust, Fear, Why, Commitment and Accountability. Failure to have these conversations can lead to a wide range of symptoms, such as: resentment of external deadlines, failure in balancing quality vs speed, confusion over product direction, and conflict over estimates. Unfortunately most people have never learned the skills to have these difficult conversations effectively. In their talk they'll explore how and why human brains default to ineffective strategies, the value of skill development for conversations, and teach you two of their favourite techniques to get started on the road to dramatic improvements: Coherence Busting and Test-Driven Development for People.
Jeffrey and Squirrel together host the weekly Troubleshooting Agile podcast, recently named the year's #1 agile podcast! Check it out at http://troubleshootingagile.com
Come on down to CodeNode to learn from the best, share your ideas and join our vibrant community! Be sure to sign-in early to grab a drink and meet other attendees in a casual, relaxed setting.
18:30-19:00 Sign-in and get settled
19:00-19:45 Douglas and Jeffrey's presentation
YOU MAY ALSO LIKE:
- CTO Craft Bytes - Fintech CTO Panel (SkillsCast recorded in September 2017)
- Martine Devos' Certified Scrum Product Owner (in London on 29th - 30th October 2019)
- Gitte Klitgaard's Whole Team Communication (in London on 29th - 30th October 2019)
- P3X - People, Product & Process eXchange 2019 (in London on 31st October - 1st November 2019)
- BeyondTech 2020 (in London on 23rd - 24th April 2020)
- Right to Left - Outcome Driven Agility (in London on 21st October 2019)
- Knowledge Graph Applications in the Legal Profession & Fashion Industry (in London on 22nd October 2019)
- DevOps and Microservices Better Together (SkillsCast recorded in October 2019)
- Contain Your Excitement: The Kubernetes Ingress Controller (SkillsCast recorded in October 2019)
Sprinting In Place: The Cost of Missing Leadership Conversations
Jeffrey Fredrick is internationally recognised for his expertise in software development and has 25 years’ experience as a manager and leader. An early adopter and advocate of agile techniques, he has been a regular speaker, coach, and independent consultant on topics including agile software development, corporate strategy, product management and interaction design. His roles have included VP of Product at software-testing startup Agitar, founder at SaaS startup OpenAvenue, and CTO & Head of Product at recently-acquired fintech startup TIM Group. He co-organises the CITCON international series of software conferences with hundreds of attendees on five continents.
Douglas Squirrel has been coding for 40 years and has led software teams for 18 of them. A London-based executive coach and consulting CTO, Douglas makes use of his extensive experience growing teams to advise startup founders and senior managers at companies such as Nested, Lostmy.name, DueDil, Trussle, and MarketInvoice. His previous roles include founding CTO at TIM Group and vice president of engineering at ecommerce startup Secretsales.