We tend to think of user interfaces and UX as designer concerns that do not apply to us. However, every time we write code to be used by others — or ourselves in the future! — we are creating a UI. A UI whose usability can be vastly improved by many UX principles, some tailored to code, others applying to every UI, ever. In this light-hearted talk you will learn a ton of tips and tricks to improve your API design, distilled from Lea’s experience of creating & managing dozens of successful open source projects with thousands of merged pull requests.
YOU MAY ALSO LIKE:
- WebAssembly Deep Dive with Brian Sletten (in London on 21st - 22nd November 2019)
- droidcon London 2019 (in London on 24th - 25th October 2019)
- The Sonic Contender (in London on 28th October 2019)
- Free Code Camp - October (in London on 29th October 2019)
- Lightning Talk: Ideas for Future Haskell Tooling (SkillsCast recorded in October 2019)