Please log in to watch this conference skillscast.
Does creating change seem like a constant uphill struggle? Are you blocked by relentless resistance? Do you feel lost and alone in your efforts to create positive change?
It turns out change need not be full of pain and suffering. What’s more, the pain can be managed and the suffering is purely optional. According to child development experts, play is the most effective and efficient way of enabling children to learn, lead, collaborate and be at their best. It turns out this also holds true for adults, especially when it comes to organisational change, based on Portia’s 20 years of working and playing with adults in organisations large and small.
In this highly interactive talk, you will experience the catalysing power of play and gain an understanding of how play can convert seemingly relentless resistance to change into joyful anticipation of growth instead. You will learn and experience the benefits of play firsthand and, by being re-acquainted with the knowledge of play, explore what being a playful leader means to you.
You will get the chance to befriend your Mind Monkey (aka your amygdala) and through a pawful of tried and tested tools and techniques from play science, neuroscience, psychology and coaching, you will develop a greater appreciation of how to create transformational change for you and others.
Play your cards right and you will increase not only your EQ but develop your Play IQ, the foundation of all intelligences according to the latest Play Science theory. No humans or monkeys were harmed in the creation of this session. Bananas not included.
- An understanding of the importance of play
- A working knowledge of play
- One or more ideas to play more
- What being a playful leader means to you
YOU MAY ALSO LIKE:
- Personal Engineering: Living Well at Work (SkillsCast recorded in March 2021)
- Provisional Certified Large-Scale Scrum Practitioner with Ben Maynard (Online Course on 27th - 29th September 2021)
- Getting API Design Right: Learning from Anti-Patterns — Full‑Day Workshop [SAG Digital 2021] (Online Course on 11th October 2021)
- Performance Summit (Online Conference on 29th - 30th September 2021)
- YOW! December 2021 (Online Conference on 30th November - 1st December 2021)
- An Evening with TimClicks (Online Meetup on 28th September 2021)
- Gojko Adzic: Facilitating Impact Mapping - September Meetup part 2 (Online Meetup on 29th September 2021)
- Product Management Helps Us Build the RIGHT Things; Agile Helps Us To Build Things RIGHT (SkillsCast recorded in September 2021)
- Lessons from Leading through Uncertain Times (SkillsCast recorded in September 2021)
Keynote: Playful Leadership - How to Enable Transformational Change and Have Fun Doing It
Portia is an Executive and Personal coach, Executive Agile coach and play researcher creating transformative change in a range of organisations including the Prime Minister's Office, the NHS, British Airways and global financial institutions. She readily draws from her 20 years of experience in the IT industry ranging from analyst programmer, to development manager, and IT consultant, to Agile coach, and more recently as a trained professional coach.