Please log in to watch this conference skillscast.
Does creating change seem like a constant uphill struggle? Are you blocked by relentless resistance? Do you feel lost and alone in your efforts to create positive change?
It turns out change need not be full of pain and suffering. What’s more, the pain can be managed and the suffering is purely optional. According to child development experts, play is the most effective and efficient way of enabling children to learn, lead, collaborate and be at their best. It turns out this also holds true for adults, especially when it comes to organisational change, based on Portia’s 20 years of working and playing with adults in organisations large and small.
In this highly interactive talk, you will experience the catalysing power of play and gain an understanding of how play can convert seemingly relentless resistance to change into joyful anticipation of growth instead. You will learn and experience the benefits of play firsthand and, by being re-acquainted with the knowledge of play, explore what being a playful leader means to you.
You will get the chance to befriend your Mind Monkey (aka your amygdala) and through a pawful of tried and tested tools and techniques from play science, neuroscience, psychology and coaching, you will develop a greater appreciation of how to create transformational change for you and others.
Play your cards right and you will increase not only your EQ but develop your Play IQ, the foundation of all intelligences according to the latest Play Science theory. No humans or monkeys were harmed in the creation of this session. Bananas not included.
- An understanding of the importance of play
- A working knowledge of play
- One or more ideas to play more
- What being a playful leader means to you
YOU MAY ALSO LIKE:
- Unleash Your Play Brain: Play Your Way Towards a Happier Adulthood (SkillsCast recorded in July 2019)
- Certified Scrum Master with Abid Quereshi (Online Course on 24th - 25th February 2021)
- Agile at Scale with Joakim Sundén (Online Course on 1st - 4th March 2021)
- P3X — People Product Process eXchange 2021 (Online Conference on 15th - 16th September 2021)
- Agile During the Time of Jesus (SkillsCast recorded in December 2020)
- The Death of Silos (SkillsCast recorded in December 2020)
Keynote: Playful Leadership - How to Enable Transformational Change and Have Fun Doing It
Portia is an Executive and Personal coach, Executive Agile coach and play researcher creating transformative change in a range of organisations including the Prime Minister's Office, the NHS, British Airways and global financial institutions. She readily draws from her 20 years of experience in the IT industry ranging from analyst programmer, to development manager, and IT consultant, to Agile coach, and more recently as a trained professional coach.