Jules and Cesare will be giving an overview of the SOUL language and why they believe it is the future of audio! We will then be showing some examples of code before having an open discussion to hear your feedback on the language and architecture of the project!
YOU MAY ALSO LIKE:
- Martine Devos' Certified Scrum Product Owner (in London on 29th - 30th October 2019)
- Alberto Brandolini's EventStorming Workshop (in London on 13th - 14th November 2019)
- P3X - People, Product & Process eXchange 2019 (in London on 31st October - 1st November 2019)
- The Sonic Contender (in London on 28th October 2019)
- Solandra Hands-On Tutorial & Emergent Behaviour In Insects (in London on 28th October 2019)
- Designing embodied human-computer interactions with audio processing parameters (SkillsCast recorded in October 2019)
- The Five Stages of Data: A Holistic Approach to Data Analytics and BI (SkillsCast recorded in October 2019)
SOUL Language - The Future of Audio?
Jules has been a C++ programmer since the early 1990s, working mainly in audio technology. He's best-known for creating the Tracktion DAW and the C++ library JUCE, which has been used for over a decade in thousands of commercial and open-source audio products. Now with ROLI, he continues to work on JUCE as well as other ROLI products.
With over 25 years C++ software development experience, Cesare has worked in a wide range of industries, from safety critical systems through low latency trading to audio plugin development. He is currently working with Jules on the design and implementation of the SOUL programming language and runtime.