This session was not filmed.
In this workshop, you will explore Akka gRPC and how it can be integrated with Akka Http, Play and Lagom. gRPC is a schema-first RPC framework, where your protocol is declared in a protobuf definition, and requests and responses will be streamed over an HTTP/2 connection.
Based on a protobuf service definition, akka-grpc can generate:
Model classes (using plain protoc for Java or scalapb for Scala)
The API (as an interface for Java or a trait for Scala), expressed in Akka Streams Sources
On the server side, code to create an Akka HTTP route based on your implementation of the API
On the client side, a client for the API.
YOU MAY ALSO LIKE:
- Scala eXchange London 2019 (in London on 12th - 13th December 2019)
- Scalax2gether Community Day 2019 (in London on 14th December 2019)
- What Can Lagom Do For You? (SkillsCast recorded in December 2018)
- Lightbend Akka for Scala - Professional (in London on 11th - 12th November 2019)
- Modern development with Java (in London on 9th - 11th December 2019)
- Code Kata: Yilin Wei - Optics with Monocle (in London on 22nd October 2019)
- Don’t keep it to yourself - openness and honesty in the workplace (in London on 30th October 2019)
- Abstract Data Types In The Region Of Abysmal Pain, And How To Navigate Them (SkillsCast recorded in September 2019)
- Beyond HTTP in ASP.NET Core 3.0 with gRPC (SkillsCast recorded in September 2019)
Workshop: Meet Akka gRPC
Renato is a software developer at Lightbend where he works in the Lagom Framework Team. Scala aficionado since 2009, he has been hacking in Scala and related technologies for fun and profit. He has a special interest for Event Sourcing/CQRS, DDD and Microservices Architectures. He's the founder of BeScala (Belgian Scala User Group) and maintainer of Lagom Framework.