The last few years we've witnessed the rise of data-driven projects, with Apache Kafka leading the charge for streaming big volumes of data.
In this session Omnia and Lindsey will introduce you to Kafka Streams. They will be sharing with you Scala code examples, demonstrations of use-cases they have at Deliveroo, the problems they faced, how they solved them, and the lessons they've learned.
YOU MAY ALSO LIKE:
- Introduction to Kafka Streaming (SkillsCast recorded in December 2018)
- Lightbend Akka for Scala - Professional (in London on 11th - 12th November 2019)
- Advanced Scala with Dick Wall (in London on 9th - 11th December 2019)
- Scala eXchange London 2019 (in London on 12th - 13th December 2019)
- Scalax2gether Community Day 2019 (in London on 14th December 2019)
- Code Kata: Yilin Wei - Optics with Monocle (in London on 22nd October 2019)
- Don’t keep it to yourself - openness and honesty in the workplace (in London on 30th October 2019)
- Abstract Data Types In The Region Of Abysmal Pain, And How To Navigate Them (SkillsCast recorded in September 2019)
- FaaS composition using Kafka and Cloud-Events (SkillsCast recorded in September 2019)
Introduction to Kafka Streaming
Lindsey is a Data Engineer working at Deliveroo and is passionate about developing processes and systems to drive data-driven decisions across an organisation. She previously worked on the data technology team at the Guardian.
Omnia is a Data Engineer at Deliveroo. Previously she developed her passion about data driven projects while working as senior consultant at Thoughtworks.