Please log in to watch this conference skillscast.
For every £1 of venture capital investment in the UK, just 1p goes to all-female led teams. Diversity initiatives and a government agenda are now in place to counter this long-lived trend. But do they have a backbone or are they just well-meaning Initiatives that only scratch the surface of the problem?
In this talk, Emma draws on her own experiences exploring this, tokenism vs impact and recent trends in free speech that may threaten the very foundation of this movement.
YOU MAY ALSO LIKE:
- Continuous Feedback or Die: Surviving the Age of Disruption (SkillsCast recorded in November 2018)
- BeyondTech 2020 (in London on 23rd - 24th April 2020)
- IWDS 26: Evaluating and improving our Data Science models (in London on 21st October 2019)
- 3 Things You Need To Know Before Asking For a Promotion Or Pay Rise (in London on 11th November 2019)
- Design Your Authentic Personal Style for the Workplace (SkillsCast recorded in October 2019)
- RedisTimeSeries = A Time Series Database using Redis (SkillsCast recorded in October 2019)
Diversity in Tech: Throwaway or Here to Stay?
Emma Joy Obanye is the Head of Delivery of Capital Enterprise’s ‘OneTech’. An entrepreneur, advisor, mentor and tech geek from Hackney, Emma has spent the last 15 years building products and leading teams in both the corporate and startup world.