A SkillsCast for this session is not available.
This workshop will be a cut down version of Underscore's Scala with Cats training course https://underscore.io/training/courses/advanced-scala/. You will cover a subset of the material from the full course based on the attendees' interests.
Scala with Cats is aimed at experienced Scala developers who want to take the next step in engineering robust and scalable systems. The full course covers the key abstractions of monoids, functors, monads, monad transformers, applicative functors, and traversals.
For this workshop, you should bring a laptop running an up-to-date version of Scala and SBT and an editor of your choice. Follow the instructions in the README at https://github.com/underscoreio/cats-seed.g8 to set up an empty project for the course.
YOU MAY ALSO LIKE:
- Scala eXchange 2018 Opening - Welcome to Day 1! (SkillsCast recorded in December 2018)
- Scala Days 2023 (Online Conference on 1st - 30th December 2023)
- LJC Live with Andrzej Grzesik and Karsten Silz (in London on 16th February 2023)
- Take a load off: how strong platform engineering moves an organisation forward (Online Meetup on 23rd February 2023)
- Taming the Context Beast (SkillsCast recorded in October 2022)
- The Middle Way for Static Typing in Spark DataFrames (SkillsCast recorded in October 2022)
Workshop: Scala with Cats
Dave is a developer, trainer, and partner at underscore.io. He has spent over a decade programming, speaking at conferences, and writing books on functional programming.