A SkillsCast for this session is not available.
This workshop will be a cut down version of Underscore's Scala with Cats training course https://underscore.io/training/courses/advanced-scala/. You will cover a subset of the material from the full course based on the attendees' interests.
Scala with Cats is aimed at experienced Scala developers who want to take the next step in engineering robust and scalable systems. The full course covers the key abstractions of monoids, functors, monads, monad transformers, applicative functors, and traversals.
For this workshop, you should bring a laptop running an up-to-date version of Scala and SBT and an editor of your choice. Follow the instructions in the README at https://github.com/underscoreio/cats-seed.g8 to set up an empty project for the course.
YOU MAY ALSO LIKE:
- Functional Interpreters and You (SkillsCast recorded in December 2018)
- ScalaCon 2022: Opening Keynote Networking Party (in London on 4th October 2022)
- ScalaCon 2022 (Online Conference on 4th - 8th October 2022)
- Developer Productivity Engineering - Next Big Thing in Software Development (in London on 29th June 2022)
- LJC Lunchtime Lighting Talks (Online Meetup on 1st July 2022)
- A History of Enterprise Monads (SkillsCast recorded in May 2021)
- Connecting the dots - building and structuring a functional application in Scala (SkillsCast recorded in May 2021)
Workshop: Scala with Cats
Dave is a developer, trainer, and partner at underscore.io. He has spent over a decade programming, speaking at conferences, and writing books on functional programming.