Please log in to watch this conference skillscast.
What we seem to be missing is a deep sense of how the way that we work and the way that we organize ourselves resonate with our systems’ structure, lifetime and maintainability.
In this keynote, Michael Feathers will outline a process view of system structure along with a description of various forces that can be present in systems design. He will also show that seeing these can help us anticipate problems and create simpler systems.
YOU MAY ALSO LIKE:
- Keynote: We are thrilled to have Michael Feathers at iOSCon 2018! (SkillsCast recorded in March 2018)
- Domain-Driven Design in Practice with Michael Plöd (Online Workshop on 20th - 22nd September 2022)
- Functional Domain Models in Practice with Marco Heimeshoff (Online Workshop on 17th - 21st October 2022)
- Software Architecture in a DevOps World (SkillsCast recorded in February 2022)
- Understanding Microservices: A Guide for the Monolithic Developer (SkillsCast recorded in October 2021)
Keynote: Socio-Technique and Structure
Michael Feathers is founder and Director of R7K Research & Conveyance, which specialise in software and organisation design, and was previously Chief Scientist of Obtiva. He has worked with hundreds of organisations to revitalise their code as well as support in process change and software design. Michael is a powerful voice on the relationship between complex code evolution and output efficiency within organisations.