Please log in to watch this conference skillscast.
What we seem to be missing is a deep sense of how the way that we work and the way that we organize ourselves resonate with our systems’ structure, lifetime and maintainability.
In this keynote, Michael Feathers will outline a process view of system structure along with a description of various forces that can be present in systems design. He will also show that seeing these can help us anticipate problems and create simpler systems.
YOU MAY ALSO LIKE:
- Keynote: We are thrilled to have Michael Feathers at iOSCon 2018! (SkillsCast recorded in March 2018)
- Domain Models in Practice with Marco Heimeshoff (Online Course on 8th - 12th November 2021)
- Domain-Driven Design Hands-On Workshop: A DDD-traineeship at "Carries Cars" (Online Meetup on 26th October 2021)
- Understanding Microservices: A Guide for the Monolithic Developer (SkillsCast recorded in October 2021)
- F# Gives You Superpowers (SkillsCast recorded in October 2021)
Keynote: Socio-Technique and Structure
Michael Feathers is founder and Director of R7K Research & Conveyance, which specialise in software and organisation design, and was previously Chief Scientist of Obtiva. He has worked with hundreds of organisations to revitalise their code as well as support in process change and software design. Michael is a powerful voice on the relationship between complex code evolution and output efficiency within organisations.