Please log in to watch this conference skillscast.
Three sections of talk:
- Review the origins of Swift and how it’s creation was really sourced in Apple’s adoption of and advancements to the LLVM.
- What drove this for Apple and what you can observe today.
- How the LLVM’s dynamism is enabling performance gains throughout the compilation chain.
- This is the reason ABI stability hasn’t been reached.
- Implications to the compile chain when it has.
- What's after ABI stability for Apple, it's hardware and iOS/macOS.
YOU MAY ALSO LIKE:
Lightning Talk: ABI Stability & the LLVM
Julietta works as an iOS engineering consultant in Brooklyn, NY. She’s been building software applications for more than 12 years, first learning the ins-and-outs while working as a software consultant for Agile & TDD champion, ThoughtWorks. Since then she’s been an active member of the NYC startup scene, specializing in architecting iOS platforms for startups of all sizes and needs. She’s lead teams and is active in the entrepreneurial community and also runs the Brooklyn Swift Developers meetup.