Please log in to watch this conference skillscast.
In this talk, Robin will share why you might want to embed UIViewControllers inside your UITableViewCells. Together with Robin, you'll explore a sample implementation (without doing any embedding/containment) and slowly refactor/reason about it to arrive at a subclass that lets you enjoy the benefits of both Containment and Cell Reuse. You’ll also explore an implementation in Texture (formerly AsyncDisplayKit) to see the benefits in code reuse.
YOU MAY ALSO LIKE:
- Fast Track to Android Architecture (in London on 21st - 23rd October 2019)
- Real World Kotlin Development Workshop (in London on 22nd - 23rd October 2019)
- droidcon London 2019 (in London on 24th - 25th October 2019)
- iOSCon 2020 - The conference for iOS and Swift Developers (in London on 19th - 20th March 2020)
- Clean Architecture using BLoC & Voyager: DI & the Widget Router (in London on 21st October 2019)
- The Sonic Contender (in London on 28th October 2019)
- Cleaning the Big Picture: Creating Maintainable Mobile Games in Haskell (SkillsCast recorded in October 2019)
- Design to code. Meet Supernova. (SkillsCast recorded in September 2019)
Cellular View Controllers
Robin Malhotra is an iOS engineer at GO-JEK, Indonesia's first "unicorn" company. His love affair with computers started with his dad’s hand-me-down IBM PC. He's a huge swift fan (both & Taylor) who spends his free time playing basketball (Go Dubs!) and working on open source. When he's not programming or wasting time on Reddit, he usually plays NBA 2K, Overwatch or Mass Effect. He's previously spoken at try! Swift Bangalore, and also speaks regularly at the Swift India meetups.