Please log in to watch this conference skillscast.
There’s no denying the valuable powerhouse potential of well thought-out design systems. They can provide live, interactive examples of often used components, assist the rapid build of new pages and applications, and ensure brand consistency by providing stable “trickle-down” CSS changes. A design system (or “style guide” or “pattern library”) can change the way a large team builds the web.
But what about the difficulties of a mature design system? Nearly two years and three major versions since beta, the enterprise design system Catherine has spent the past 18 months working on still faces the same question: “How do you encourage people to keep using your design system?”
In this session, Catherine will share some tips and technologies to keep subscribers engaged in your design systems after adoption and as the system grows. She’ll discuss:
- Identifying pressure points of subscribers and creating solid solves
- Finding an avenue for funding your design system team
- Building feedback into your process
- Treating your design system as a fully functional, marketed product
- Iterating to minimise the guesswork and make educated choices
- Staying up to date, integrated, and useful to the entire team
This session is for you if…
- You are currently part of a design system team,
- You are currently part of a team implementing a design system,
- You are thinking about becoming either of the above,
- You have ever struggled to get buy-in for your ideas, or
- You really, really want people to like the thing you built.
YOU MAY ALSO LIKE: