YOU MAY ALSO LIKE:
- Reasoning Systematically: the Art of Integration Leadership — 2 Half‑Day Workshops [SAG Digital 2021] (Online Course on 11th - 12th October 2021)
- The Power of Persuasion — Half‑Day Workshop [SAG Digital 2021] (Online Course on 12th October 2021)
- Personal SLAs: How to Maintain Balance at Work (Online Meetup on 30th September 2021)
- Words Matter. Build Team Relationships and Push Through Conflicts by Practicing Nonviolent Communication (SkillsCast recorded in September 2021)
- Storytelling: Shifting the Culture Through Sharing Experiences (SkillsCast recorded in July 2021)
Tech meets Aristotle: The Art and Craft of Public Speaking
Having started school with English as a second language, Deepa Shah is currently the only female BME speechwriter in Government, leading on speeches and other content for the Secretary of State at the Ministry of Housing, Communities and Local Government. Her experience spans a variety of communications roles across Government, working closely with ministers on high-profile issues such as the Grenfell Tower fire, the NHS IT programme and data transparency and security, child protection and education reform. This follows a wide-ranging career as a print, broadcast and online journalist for outlets such as The Times, Evening Standard and ITV London news covering everything from 9/11 to Bollywood.