Please log in to watch this conference skillscast.
Having worked in mobile app development for years Kunjan can say one thing for sure: creating a mobile application is hard. Creating a cross-platform mobile application is even harder. Which is why he was interested when Fabulous came out.
Fabulous is a new cross-platform mobile library which mixes Xamarin-Forms and Elm Architecture. The Elm language and architecture were not new to him. He has been using it for a year and it had left a positive impression on him. So, it was only natural that Fabulous attracted his attention. The first time he tried it after it got launched, he wasn’t impressed by its performance, but recently he gave it another try for a production application and he was amazed. Kunjan was able to create a complete app.
In this talk, Kunjan will tell you why he chooses Fabulous instead of other Cross Platform mobile development options for his app. He will walk you through all the mobile-specific changes he made to get Fabulous working in a performant way for iOS and Android and explain to you how you can use in combination with third-party plugins.
YOU MAY ALSO LIKE:
- Modern Application Development with C# and .NET Core (in London on 16th - 19th December 2019)
- F# eXchange 2020 (in London on 2nd - 3rd April 2020)
- ProgNET London 2020 (in London on 16th - 18th September 2020)
- Keynote by Konrad Kokosa: What’s New in .NET Core 3.0 and .NET 5.0 for Performance and Memory-Aware Folks? (in London on 29th October 2019)
- Keynote by Mark Rendle on Keeping Up With The Framework (in London on 27th November 2019)
- Type-Safe Datatype-Generic Programming in F# (SkillsCast recorded in September 2019)
- Why I'm Building My Next App in Flutter (SkillsCast recorded in July 2019)
From Concept to Creation in a Week with Fabulous
Kunjan Dalal, also known as Kunjee, is the founder of Fuzzy Cloud; a consulting company based in Pune, India. He has been working in the software industry for around 11+ years. He has been working in F# for more than 5 years, now. He is maintaining a couple of open source projects for Fable and managing Functional Programming Pune meet-up. Kunjan has also been speaking about F# and functional programming in general in local meet-ups and conferences.