Please log in to watch this conference skillscast.
Fabulous is a new cross-platform mobile library which mixes Xamarin-Forms and Elm Architecture. The Elm language and architecture were not new to him. He has been using it for a year and it had left a positive impression on him. So, it was only natural that Fabulous attracted his attention. The first time he tried it after it got launched, he wasn’t impressed by its performance, but recently he gave it another try for a production application and he was amazed. Kunjan was able to create a complete app.
In this talk, Kunjan will tell you why he chooses Fabulous instead of other Cross Platform mobile development options for his app. He will walk you through all the mobile-specific changes he made to get Fabulous working in a performant way for iOS and Android and explain to you how you can use in combination with third-party plugins.
YOU MAY ALSO LIKE:
- Functional Concurrency in .NET with C# and F# with Riccardo Terrell (Online Workshop on 11th - 14th October 2022)
- F# eXchange 2022: Online (Online Conference on 25th - 26th October 2022)
- F# eXchange 2022: In-Person (in London on 25th - 26th October 2022)
- Haskell: A Conversion Experience (SkillsCast recorded in November 2021)
- Using F# to Structure an Island of Simplicity (SkillsCast recorded in October 2021)
From Concept to Creation in a Week with Fabulous
Kunjan Dalal, also known as Kunjee, is the founder of Fuzzy Cloud; a consulting company based in Pune, India. He has been working in the software industry for around 11+ years. He has been working in F# for more than 5 years, now. He is maintaining a couple of open source projects for Fable and managing Functional Programming Pune meet-up. Kunjan has also been speaking about F# and functional programming in general in local meet-ups and conferences.