Please log in to watch this conference skillscast.
Later this year, F# 5.0 is intended to be delivered. This is the first major language bump in quite some time, and with that bump comes a certain understanding that bears explanation! In this talk, you'll learn about the various features that will make it into F# 5.0, some of the behaviour changes the team behind it have in mind, and what you might expect of the future of the F# language in a post-5.0 world.
YOU MAY ALSO LIKE:
- F# eXchange 2020 (in London on 2nd - 3rd April 2020)
- Park Bench Panel hosted by Don Syme (SkillsCast recorded in April 2019)
- Modern Application Development with C# and .NET Core (in London on 16th - 19th December 2019)
- ProgNET London 2020 (in London on 16th - 18th September 2020)
- Keynote by Konrad Kokosa: What’s New in .NET Core 3.0 and .NET 5.0 for Performance and Memory-Aware Folks? (in London on 29th October 2019)
- Keynote by Mark Rendle on Keeping Up With The Framework (in London on 27th November 2019)
- Type-Safe Datatype-Generic Programming in F# (SkillsCast recorded in September 2019)
- GraphQL: May the Best API Win! (SkillsCast recorded in July 2019)
Towards F# 5.0
Don Syme is a Principal Researcher at Microsoft Mobile Tools and Microsoft Research, Cambridge. He works with researchers, Microsoft and open source communities to make better programming technologies, and, through that, make people more productive and happier.