Terraform is one of the hottest cloud technologies right now and epitomises what infrastructure as code is. For our latest meetup, Nic Jackson from Hashicorp, will be joining us to talk about Terraform and everything you need to know to manage your infrastructure in production.
In this talk, we will go beyond the basic concepts and look at some of Terraform`s features which help you develop maintainable and reusable code and also help with managing production resources. We take a deep dive into modules, remote state, workspaces and a simple workflow for running Terraform in your CI environment. By the end of this talk, you will have a good understanding of the requirements for operating your production infrastructure with Terraform.
YOU MAY ALSO LIKE:
- Securing and integrating legacy applications with Kubernetes and Consul Connect (SkillsCast recorded in January 2019)
- WebAssembly Deep Dive with Brian Sletten (in London on 8th - 9th July 2019)
- Infiniteconf 2019 - A one-day community celebration of Big Data, Machine Learning and AI (in London on 4th July 2019)
- Keynote by Kris Nova on The Power of Linux Virtualization with Cloud Native (in London on 19th June 2019)
- The wonders of IBM: Watson, artificial intelligence, Swift coding and databases! (in London on 19th June 2019)
- What Really Matters (SkillsCast recorded in May 2019)
- Awesome CI/CD Data Pipelines for Distributed Data-Sources (SkillsCast recorded in May 2019)
Terraform in production (with Nic Jackson from Hashicorp)
Nic Jackson is a developer advocate and polyglot programmer at HashiCorp. He is the author of Building Microservices in Go, which examines the best patterns and practices for building microservices with the Go programming language. In his spare time, Nic coaches and mentors at Coder Dojo, teaches at Women Who Go and GoBridge, and speaks about and evangelizes good coding practice, process, and technique.