Please log in to watch this conference skillscast.
Bringing data together after painstakingly designing separation is counter-intuitive. Would you even have any of the benefits of a micro-service architecture anymore if you have one big fat database with all your data in it?
Chris will explain how, at Landbay, we maintain totally different data stores and built an awesome downstream data-warehouse reporting solution with a robust data pipeline. He will cover the Do's & Don’ts as he talks through the evolution of the data pipeline architecture, touching on many technologies as he goes, from Redshift, Glue & Apache Spark to Stitch, dbt, Great Expectations & binlogs on the cloud.
YOU MAY ALSO LIKE:
- 6 Minutes from Code Commit to Live – You Won’t Believe How We Did It! (SkillsCast recorded in November 2017)
- Understanding Distributed Systems using OpenTelemetry with Liz Fong-Jones (Online Course on 22nd September 2021)
- Design Patterns in Action — Full‑Day Workshop [SAG Digital 2021] (Online Course on 11th October 2021)
- Software Architecture Gathering Digital 2021 (Online Conference on 13th - 14th October 2021)
- Accessibility Testing: Why and How to involve People with Disabilities (Online Meetup on 28th October 2021)
- TPP: From Dumb, to Specific, to Generic (SkillsCast recorded in July 2021)
- Tooling Up: Contract testing with Pact (SkillsCast recorded in July 2021)
Awesome CI/CD Data Pipelines for Distributed Data-Sources
Chris joined Landbay, a peer-to-peer fin-tech start up as the lead software engineer and then Head of Technology. With 10+ years’ of commercial experience, he designed, developed and continues to deliver the microservice architecture that was built from the ground-up to 50+ microservices. Prior to working with Landbay, his most recent roles involved helping architect and develop some of the largest UK customer-facing platforms in the UK, such as the EE online shop, Three, The AA, Vodafone, etc. Outside of his work life, Chris develops some open-source Bible study software.