Please log in to watch this conference skillscast.
Bringing data together after painstakingly designing separation is counter-intuitive. Would you even have any of the benefits of a micro-service architecture anymore if you have one big fat database with all your data in it?
Chris will explain how, at Landbay, we maintain totally different data stores and built an awesome downstream data-warehouse reporting solution with a robust data pipeline. He will cover the Dos & Don’t as he talks through the evolution of the data pipeline architecture, touching on many technologies as he goes, from Redshift, Glue & Apache Spark to Stitch, dbt, Great Expectations & binlogs on the cloud.
YOU MAY ALSO LIKE:
- 6 Minutes from Code Commit to Live – You Won’t Believe How We Did It! (SkillsCast recorded in November 2017)
- Domain Models in Practice with Marco Heimeshoff (Online Course on 10th - 14th May 2021)
- Android Architecture with Jorge Ortiz-Fuentes (Online Course on 17th - 19th May 2021)
- DDDx — Domain-Driven Design eXchange 2021 (Online Conference on 8th - 9th June 2021)
- Software Architecture Gathering Digital 2021 (Online Conference on 13th - 14th October 2021)
- LDN *Virtual* Talks Apr 2021 *Red Badger Takeover* (Online Meetup on 27th April 2021)
- Living with Your Legacy (SkillsCast recorded in April 2021)
- Three Challenges in Microservices: Developer Feedback, Continuous Delivery, and Cost Optimization (SkillsCast recorded in April 2021)
Awesome CI/CD Data Pipelines for Distributed Data-Sources
Chris joined Landbay, a peer-to-peer fin-tech start up as the lead software engineer and then Head of Technology. With 10+ years’ of commercial experience, he designed, developed and continues to deliver the microservice architecture that was built from the ground-up to 50+ microservices. Prior to working with Landbay, his most recent roles involved helping architect and develop some of the largest UK customer-facing platforms in the UK, such as the EE online shop, Three, The AA, Vodafone, etc. Outside of his work life, Chris develops some open-source Bible study software.