Please log in to watch this conference skillscast.
The Feminist Internet is a collective whose work pushes to create a fairer and more equal internet for all.
The team were tasked to design a workshop for UAL’s Creative Computing Institute that would allow participants to prototype feminist conversational interfaces. There were three questions that had to be answered. WTF is a feminist conversation? What kind of exchange between a human and a technology would qualify as ‘feminist’? How could the feminist nature of the technology be measured? Dr Charlotte Webb will delve into the learning programme and how participants developed their ideas of a Feminist Alexa.
YOU MAY ALSO LIKE:
- BeyondTech 2020 (in London on 23rd - 24th April 2020)
- Practical ML 2020 (in London on 2nd - 3rd July 2020)
- 3 Things You Need To Know Before Asking For a Promotion Or Pay Rise (in London on 11th November 2019)
- Diversity for Digital – Become the Ambassador of Making a Difference (in London on 21st November 2019)
- Design Your Authentic Personal Style for the Workplace (SkillsCast recorded in October 2019)
- RedisTimeSeries = A Time Series Database using Redis (SkillsCast recorded in October 2019)
Designing a Feminist Alexa: An Experiment in Feminist Conversation Design
Dr Charlotte Webb is Chief Leopard of Feminist Internet, a group of artists and designers on a mission to advance internet equalities for women and other marginalised groups through critical, creative practice.