Please log in to watch this conference skillscast.
As an R&D director at Taboola, Ora had the opportunity of leading a technical due-diligence of an acquired company. During that time Taboola considered a few alternatives of how such an acquisition might look like from two main perspectives: organization structure and technical integration whereas the two obviously affect each other per Conway’s Law.
In addition, post acquisition previous assumptions turned out to be inaccurate and required further domain analysis, for finding a better solution.
During those challenging times, Ora found DDD to be a very practical tool for executing the relevant change.
If you are in a dynamic company where teams, products and domains grow fast and then split or merge, you need to constantly analyze the domains and consider alternatives for those changes. From his experience, DDD approach helps visualizing and considering these alternatives while being able to keep the discussion both business and technical.
In this talk, Ora will share the two years journey post acquisition. A journey in which domains merged and split due to a dynamic environment, for example: -Why they used DDD to decide an acquired team should stay as an isolated domain, acting as a supportive domain in the company -How they later merged part of a supportive domain into the core domain -How and why they ended up splitting the merged domain again
YOU MAY ALSO LIKE:
- Design Patterns in Action — Full‑Day Workshop [SAG Digital 2021] (Online Course on 11th October 2021)
- Getting API Design Right: Learning from Anti-Patterns — Full‑Day Workshop [SAG Digital 2021] (Online Course on 11th October 2021)
- Software Architecture Gathering Digital 2021 (Online Conference on 13th - 14th October 2021)
- Remote LeSS Sprints with Review Bazaar (Online Meetup on 5th October 2021)
- Domain-Driven Design Hands-On Workshop: A DDD-traineeship at "Carries Cars" (Online Meetup on 26th October 2021)
- Who Tests Their Cloud Code Anyway? (SkillsCast recorded in September 2021)
- Keynote: The Magic of Platforms (SkillsCast recorded in September 2021)
Oops, I DDD it Again (and Again)
With 15 years of experience in designing architecture and leading groups, Ora’s passion lies in the connection of building an architecture that empowers and motivates teams to take e2e ownership on products.