Please log in to watch this conference skillscast.
Some companies are going “full DevOps” and apparently releasing at the speed of light. Other companies are still struggling with estimations and slowly thinking about going microservices. Other are happy with their monolith, but struggling with recruiting.
We’re all developers, but we’re not doing the same job. The line connecting a problem to its solution is relatively straight in some organizations and incredibly convoluted in some hours. Processes, Software architectures and Organization are not separate concerns, neither are orthogonal. Pretending to fix one thing without touching others is a losing battle. We’re part of the problem. Our software is part of the problem. We can be part of the solution too.
YOU MAY ALSO LIKE:
- EventStorming Remote Modeling Workshop with Alberto Brandolini (Online Course on 9th - 12th March 2021)
- Keynote: Joys and Pitfalls of Collaborative Modelling (SkillsCast recorded in April 2018)
- Better Software Faster with Dave Farley (Online Course on 8th - 9th February 2021)
- Sociotechnical Domain-Driven Design with Kacper Gunia (Online Course on 18th - 19th February 2021)
- Accelerated Software eXchange Forum (Online Conference on 18th February 2021)
- μCon: The Microservices eXchange (Online Conference on 13th - 14th April 2021)
- Introducing AWS Immersion Days (Online Meetup on 11th February 2021)
- Evolutionary Architecture (SkillsCast recorded in January 2021)
- What an Architect Can Learn from Retrospective Failures (SkillsCast recorded in December 2020)
The Gordian Knot
Alberto Brandolini can model every business domain, given enough space, a paper roll and an unlimited source of colored sticky notes (with a preference for orange ones). He calls this stuff EventStorming.