CQRS and Event Sourcing have many technical benefits that are generally the main focus. The technical benefits however, are the least important reasons for looking at the concepts.
Watch this SkillsCast recording of a talk by Greg Young, where he introduces the concepts of CQRS and Event Sourcing and looks at all of the non-technical reasons for looking at these patterns.
If this SkillsCast inspired you to learn more about CQRS, Event Sourcing and DDD, you may like to check out more here:<.b>
YOU MAY ALSO LIKE:
- Event Sourcing and Microservices (SkillsCast recorded in November 2017)
- FullStack Event Sourcing and Applied DDD with Roman Sachse (Online Course on 23rd - 25th September 2020)
- Domain Models in Practice: DDD, CQRS & Event Sourcing with Marco Heimeshoff (Online Course on 28th September - 2nd October 2020)
- Applied Domain-Driven Design — Full-Stack Event Sourcing (SkillsCast recorded in July 2020)
- Towards Autonomously aligned teams with Domain-Driven Design (SkillsCast recorded in October 2019)
CQRS and Event Sourcing - the Business Perspective
Greg Young coined the term "CQRS" (Command Query Responsibility Segregation) and it was instantly picked up by the community who have elaborated upon it ever since.