CQRS and Event Sourcing have many technical benefits that are generally the main focus. The technical benefits however, are the least important reasons for looking at the concepts.
Watch this SkillsCast recording of a talk by Greg Young, where he introduces the concepts of CQRS and Event Sourcing and looks at all of the non-technical reasons for looking at these patterns.
If this SkillsCast inspired you to learn more about CQRS, Event Sourcing and DDD, you may like to check out more here:<.b>
YOU MAY ALSO LIKE:
- Greg Young's CQRS, Domain Events, Event Sourcing and how to apply DDD (in London on 7th - 9th June 2016)
- DDD eXchange 2016 (in London on 9th - 10th June 2016)
- Greg Young's Advanced CQRS & DDD Workshop (in London on 13th - 15th June 2016)
- In The Brain of Greg Young (in London on 14th June 2016)
- µCon 2016: The Microservices Conference (in London on 7th - 8th November 2016)
CQRS and Event Sourcing - the Business Perspective
Greg Young coined the term "CQRS" (Command Query Responsibility Segregation) and it was instantly picked up by the community who have elaborated upon it ever since.