CQRS and Event Sourcing have many technical benefits that are generally the main focus. The technical benefits however, are the least important reasons for looking at the concepts.
Watch this SkillsCast recording of a talk by Greg Young, where he introduces the concepts of CQRS and Event Sourcing and looks at all of the non-technical reasons for looking at these patterns.
If this SkillsCast inspired you to learn more about CQRS, Event Sourcing and DDD, you may like to check out more here:<.b>
YOU MAY ALSO LIKE:
- Event Sourcing and Microservices (SkillsCast recorded in November 2017)
- Sociotechnical Domain-Driven Design with Kacper Gunia (Online Course on 18th - 19th February 2021)
- Domain Models in Practice with Marco Heimeshoff (Online Course on 8th - 12th March 2021)
- DDDx — Domain-Driven Design eXchange 2021 (Online Conference on 8th - 9th June 2021)
- Strategic Domain-Driven Design Tools For Non-DDD People (SkillsCast recorded in October 2020)
- Lightning Talk: Specification as a Library (SkillsCast recorded in October 2020)
CQRS and Event Sourcing - the Business Perspective
Greg Young coined the term "CQRS" (Command Query Responsibility Segregation) and it was instantly picked up by the community who have elaborated upon it ever since.