Watch this SkillsCast recording of a talk by Greg Young, where he introduces the concepts of CQRS and Event Sourcing and looks at all of the non-technical reasons for looking at these patterns.
If this SkillsCast inspired you to learn more about CQRS, Event Sourcing and DDD, you may like to check out more here:<.b>
YOU MAY ALSO LIKE:
- Event Sourcing and Microservices (SkillsCast recorded in November 2017)
- Functional Domain Models in Practice with Marco Heimeshoff (Online Workshop on 17th - 21st October 2022)
- Domain Driven Design & Legacy Systems with Marijn Huizendveld (In-Person) (in London on 22nd - 24th November 2022)
- Dark Energy, Dark Matter and Microservice Architecture Collaboration Patterns (SkillsCast recorded in May 2022)
- Core Banking: A Tour of a Payments Ledger (SkillsCast recorded in December 2021)
CQRS and Event Sourcing - the Business Perspective
Greg Young coined the term "CQRS" (Command Query Responsibility Segregation) and it was instantly picked up by the community who have elaborated upon it ever since.