Please log in to watch this conference skillscast.
Pakistan has 6th largest population of the world with more than 25 million out of school children. More than 50 million children study in government schools where the quality of education is below average with no focus on developing 21st Century Skills.
In this talk, Ali Chaudhry will share his journey of starting a charity school in the slums of Islamabad when he was only 18. The challenges his team faced and how they overcame them. You will learn how his team is using technology to ensure checks and balances in day to day operations of the schools and how this model will be scaled to address the education emergency in Pakistan.
YOU MAY ALSO LIKE:
- Reinforcement Learning Journal Club (in London on 17th October 2019)
- Reinforcement Learning & Creative Applications (SkillsCast recorded in August 2019)
- BeyondTech 2020 (in London on 23rd - 24th April 2020)
- IWDS 26: Evaluating and improving our Data Science models (in London on 21st October 2019)
- 3 Things You Need To Know Before Asking For a Promotion Or Pay Rise (in London on 11th November 2019)
- Design Your Authentic Personal Style for the Workplace (SkillsCast recorded in October 2019)
- RedisTimeSeries = A Time Series Database using Redis (SkillsCast recorded in October 2019)
Lightning Talk: Quality Education for 25 Million Out of School Kids
Ali is a self-taught programmer, currently doing a PhD in Artificial Intelligence and Education at University College London. His research focuses on applying human-centered learning science theories on Deep Reinforcement Learning algorithms. These days he's obsessed with GANs and Variational Autoencoders.