Please log in to watch this conference skillscast.
YOU MAY ALSO LIKE:
- Type Me If You Can: Writing Safe Communication Protocols with F#: Bonus Q&A Session (SkillsCast recorded in October 2020)
- FP in Kotlin with Arrow with Jorge Castillo (Online Course on 24th - 27th May 2021)
- Functional Concurrency in .NET with C# and F# with Riccardo Terrell (Online Course on 28th June - 1st July 2021)
- F# eXchange 2021 (Online Conference on 20th - 21st October 2021)
- F# for a Real World E-commerce Project (SkillsCast recorded in October 2020)
- Rethinking Bioinformatic Algorithms Using F# (SkillsCast recorded in October 2020)
Lightning Talk: Let’s talk about Types
Rumyana Neykova is a Lecturer in Computer Science at Brunel University London. She has a PhD from Imperial College London, where she worked as a researcher and a fellow. She is a recipient of PhD sponsorship from VMWare on her work on Runtime Verification of Concurrent and Distributed Systems and EPSRC Fellowship on Hybrid Verification Techniques. Interesting projects she has worked on include her collaboration with the Ocean Observatory Initiative for ocean monitoring and the EPSRC-funded project “From Data Types to Session Types---A Basis for Concurrency and Distribution”. She has published numerous articles in the area of programming languages and distributed systems, with a primary focus on fault-tolerance, monitoring and verification. Some of the tools in her toolbox are model checkers, SMT solvers, type systems, and compilers. She loves to create, break and improve these tools and she sometimes uses them to solve existing and non-existing problems. No matter where her research takes her, she always eventually comes back to F#.