Please log in to watch this conference skillscast.
The tech sector has witnessed unprecedented growth in recent years and is of increasing significance to the performance of the UK economy. The pace at which the sector continues to expand means that demand for skilled digital workers is outstripping supply – tech companies are confronted with a shortage of talent that now threatens to slow future prosperity.
The primary challenge is to bring more people into tech but with over a third of UK consumers feeling that they lack the digital skills to tackle current realities – we are in need of a fresh approach. Russ and Sarah will discuss the role of both the private and public sectors in helping to upskill and reskill workers, education reform and a robust approach to training that is accessible to everyone in society.
Russ Shaw, founder of Tech London Advocates and Global Tech Advocates, and Sarah Luxford, leader of TLA Women in Tech, will discuss the prevailing gap in digital skills, offering insight to one of the greatest challenges the tech industry faces.
YOU MAY ALSO LIKE:
- Gitte Klitgaard's Whole Team Communication (in London on 29th - 30th October 2019)
- Giving Engaging Technical Talks at Conferences and Meetups (in London on 18th - 19th November 2019)
- BeyondTech 2020 (in London on 23rd - 24th April 2020)
- Knowledge Graph Applications in the Legal Profession & Fashion Industry (in London on 22nd October 2019)
- Business Agility and Continuous Compliance (in London on 22nd October 2019)
- Going Multicloud with Serverless (SkillsCast recorded in October 2019)
- Design Your Authentic Personal Style for the Workplace (SkillsCast recorded in October 2019)
Keynote: Closing the Skills Gap: Russ Shaw in Conversation with Sarah Luxford
Sarah is the leader of TLA Women in Tech.
Russ Shaw is the founder of Tech London Advocates and Global Tech Advocates. He originally founded Tech London Advocates in 2013 to ensure an independent voice of technology sector was heard, but with a focus on the private sector.