Please log in to watch this conference skillscast.
Technology hype cycles are part of the Game, but this feels different. The frenetic pace of technological change and the subsequent anxiety we feel is showing up more frequently in the stories we tell ourselves.
In the interim, you sense a Gold Rush in the making and everyone wants a cut.
These are strange reactions to a technology whose definition evades concretization.
What is it about Artificial Intelligence that inspires and terrifies us in equal parts? The 21st Century will be defined by a handful of technologies and this is one of them. So, what is it? How does it work? What is real and what is nonsense? How do we maximize the potential benefits? Can we avoid the dehumanizing aspects? Or is the whole thing just smoke and mirrors?
Brian will explore AI’s past, discuss its present and contemplate its future.
YOU MAY ALSO LIKE:
- TensorFlow.js : Bringing ML into the Browser? (SkillsCast recorded in July 2018)
- Deep Learning Fundamentals with Leonardo De Marchi (Online Course on 12th - 15th July 2021)
- Practical Tips and Tricks for CI/CD Success (Online Meetup on 13th May 2021)
- LDN *Virtual* Talks May 2021 (Online Meetup on 27th May 2021)
- 90 Minutes: The Continuous Delivery of Data (SkillsCast recorded in December 2020)
- Building a Custom Type Provider (SkillsCast recorded in October 2020)
Keynote: AI, Natural Stupidity and Swimming Submarines
Brian Sletten is a renowned consultant, speaker and software engineer with a focus on forward-leaning technologies. He provides advice and practical solutions for organizations interested in adopting disruptive technologies and concepts to their development and management.