Please log in to watch this conference skillscast.
There are two sides to the Artificial Intelligence of our imaginations. While we dream of the ways AI will free and enrich us, from a different perspective we see Damocles’ sword hanging tenuously over us. The excitement of the Possibility is counterbalanced by the existential Dread of Humanity’s Inevitable Irrelevance.
Technology hype cycles are part of the Game, but this feels different. The frenetic pace of technological change and the subsequent anxiety we feel is showing up more frequently in the stories we tell ourselves.
In the interim, you sense a Gold Rush in the making and everyone wants a cut.
These are strange reactions to a technology whose definition evades concretization.
What is it about Artificial Intelligence that inspires and terrifies us in equal parts? The 21st Century will be defined by a handful of technologies and this is one of them. So, what is it? How does it work? What is real and what is nonsense? How do we maximize the potential benefits? Can we avoid the dehumanizing aspects? Or is the whole thing just smoke and mirrors?
Brian will explore AI’s past, discuss its present and contemplate its future.
YOU MAY ALSO LIKE:
- TensorFlow.js : Bringing ML into the Browser? (SkillsCast recorded in July 2018)
- Essential Techniques for Leading Software Teams in the Work From Home Era (Online Meetup on 13th August 2020)
- Web Scraping with GoLang (Online Meetup on 13th August 2020)
- Ceci n’est pas un canard - Machine Learning and Generative Adversarial Networks (SkillsCast recorded in August 2020)
- Digital Discrimination: Cognitive Bias in Machine Learning (SkillsCast recorded in June 2020)
Keynote: AI, Natural Stupidity and Swimming Submarines
Brian Sletten is a renowned consultant, speaker and software engineer with a focus on forward-leaning technologies. He provides advice and practical solutions for organizations interested in adopting disruptive technologies and concepts to their development and management.