Please log in to watch this conference skillscast.
As long as you have been using the internet, and way before that, you have been authenticating through some sort of username and password combination. It has become the standard. With the ever-increasing number of web-apps, you’re seeing more and more data breaches as well. What if you could build our authentication processes in a way the user doesn’t need a password?
In this talk, Sam will give a quick overview of the past, present and future of authentication. From basic authentication to passwordless biometric authentication using the web authentication API, and everything in between. The audience does not need any specific knowledge as this talk will not go into implementation details but aims to give a view of what’s to come in terms of authentication.
YOU MAY ALSO LIKE:
- Knock knock, who's there? Authenticating your single page apps using JSON Web Tokens (SkillsCast recorded in July 2019)
- WebAssembly Deep Dive with Brian Sletten (in London on 21st - 22nd November 2019)
- A Guide to the Market Promise of Automagic AI-Enabled Detection and Response (in London on 29th October 2019)
- Free Code Camp - October (in London on 29th October 2019)
- TBA: Top Secret Cloud-Native Security Lessons (SkillsCast recorded in September 2019)
Passwords are so 1990
Sam is a Google Developer Expert who works as a Developer Evangelist at Auth0. At Auth0 they're trying to make authentication and identification as easy as possible, while still keeping it secure.