Please log in to watch this conference skillscast.
A startup cannot afford to waste time, so why did they choose to build with microservices first when they take more effort and infrastructure to deploy?
This would surely have slowed them down! And what about working with multiple remote contractors on short term contracts—don't they all have to be on-boarded? This is madness! They learned a lot, and made a lot mistakes, but they would definitely recommend using microservices from day one for startup—find out why!
YOU MAY ALSO LIKE:
- Microservices From Day One (SkillsCast recorded in November 2018)
- Domain Models in Practice with Marco Heimeshoff (Online Course on 8th - 12th November 2021)
- Understanding Distributed Systems using OpenTelemetry with Liz Fong-Jones (Online Course on 7th December 2021)
- Domain-Driven Design Hands-On Workshop: A DDD-traineeship at "Carries Cars" (Online Meetup on 26th October 2021)
- Evolutionary Architecture: Principles and Patterns (SkillsCast recorded in October 2021)
- The Lost Art of Software Design (SkillsCast recorded in October 2021)
Microservices from Day One
Richard Rodger is CTO of nearForm, a leading Node.js specialist. He is a technology entrepreneur who has been involved in the Irish Internet industry since its infancy and wrote the seminal book on Node: Beginning Mobile Application Development in the Cloud.