Why should you come?
- Do you currently carry guilt about how much you use your phone?
- Does it freak you out that you think about something and then presto you're getting ads about it. Who's listening?
- Are you worried about how much your children are using technology and not sure how to create healthy habits?
- And do you feel Social Media is feeding into a hum of social anxiety?
Fiona’s talk for London Tech Ladies will be on the topic of Technology Addiction. She will unpack what we’re up against, not just the tech itself, but how it effects our brains and it’s broader social and cultural impact. We’ll be sifting through the scaremongering and then considering the reality of our wellbeing and everyday interactions in the future.
Fiona will also introduce some fun and practical ways to conquer your screen time. As well as introduce you into the concept of wonder walking! At the heart of this talk will be about how to live well with our increasing reliance on tech.
Fiona’s speaking engagements are delivered in a humorous Ted Talk style of “ideas worth spreading”. They are peppered with stories from her own life and tales from other’s - triggering valuable and interesting insights for the audience’s empowerment for change.
- In this talk you'll take a way how to control the tech, not it control you.
- Reduce Stress, understand that empty feeling and unpack the creeping anxiety that seems to be increasing around us.
- We'll uncover healthy, gentler ways to live more congruently with technology and to ironically live a less disconnected life - in what is an ever changing, linked up landscape.
Note - LondonTechLadies events are open to anyone - men & women from any industry or background are welcome.
YOU MAY ALSO LIKE:
- LeSS & Learn - Deepen Knowledge and Share Experiences with Ben Maynard (in London on 25th - 26th November 2021)
- Intersectional Communication (Online Meetup on 23rd September 2021)
- An Evening with TimClicks (Online Meetup on 28th September 2021)
- 5 Ways of Setting Boundaries - Boost Your Energy, Productivity & Focus (SkillsCast recorded in September 2021)
- How to break into tech (from those who made it) (SkillsCast recorded in July 2021)
Understanding Technology Addiction
Fiona Austin is a Positive Psychologist with credentials that span print and broadcast journalism to psychotherapy; the threads between them being the questions asked and truly listening to a person’s story. Humming in the background for Fiona has been an longtime involvement with tech. Starting with the era of high velocity information transfer … on a floppy disc and being fired from a record company for trying to introduce the considered ‘faddish’ use of eMail and the Internet!