Learn what Android App-Widgets are and how you can create one for your Flutter App. Indepth talk on Android App-Widgets and the way they work in Android and how you can take advantage of them with Flutter.
YOU MAY ALSO LIKE:
- Lightning Talk: Flutter: 60 frames of AOT Badassery (SkillsCast recorded in October 2018)
- Real World Kotlin Development Workshop (in London on 1st - 2nd July 2019)
- Fast Track to Android Architecture (in London on 21st - 23rd October 2019)
- droidcon London 2019 (in London on 24th - 25th October 2019)
- Keynote by Rebecca Franks on Tips for Building Custom Views on Android with Canvas APIs📏🎨 (in London on 19th June 2019)
- Keynote by Markus Eisele on Java in the Age of Containers and Serverless (in London on 20th June 2019)
- Hybrid Apps from a Ember/Vue/React PWA (SkillsCast recorded in May 2019)
- Bringing Back Dial-up: The Internet Over SMS (SkillsCast recorded in May 2019)
Android Home-screen Widgets with Flutter
Simon is a veteran Android developer going all the way back to the days of the original G1. His Android experience ranges from large corporations such as the BBC all the way to nimble startups. In October of 2017 he came across Flutter and was so impressed with the technology he has been working exclusively in Flutter ever since. Today, Simon is a co-founder of the Flutter Study Group and Flutter Community Medium publication, co-hosts a weekly live help program called #HumpDayQandA and is helping to grow the Flutter London Meetup group with George Medve.