A SkillsCast for this session is not available.
Finding core domains, however, is a very difficult and intricate challenge. Often, different people in the business will have different opinions about what the core domains are. It can be an impossible challenge for people from a technical background to understand the business and identify those core domains. This is where we can leverage the Business Model Canvas.
The Business Model Canvas is the domain model of how businesses work. It asks us 9 key questions and gives us a language for communicating with the business, helping us to find those core domains even if we have little existing knowledge of business models.
Learning the Business Model Canvas and applying it in a real situation requires little practice. After this hands-on session, you will be able to use the Business Model Canvas to understand whatever business you are working in and find those essential core domains.
YOU MAY ALSO LIKE:
- Strategic Domain-Driven Design Tools For Non-DDD People (SkillsCast recorded in October 2020)
- Domain Models in Practice with Marco Heimeshoff (Online Course on 8th - 12th November 2021)
- Domain-Driven Design Hands-On Workshop: A DDD-traineeship at "Carries Cars" (Online Meetup on 26th October 2021)
- Evolutionary Architecture: Principles and Patterns (SkillsCast recorded in October 2021)
- The Lost Art of Software Design (SkillsCast recorded in October 2021)
Finding Core Domains with the Business Model Canvas
Nick is a technical leader, author, speaker and trainer. He helps If you need help building autonomous teams, modelling complex domains, consulting, training, or public speaking.He has a passion for delighting users, creating business impacts, crafting quality software, and building world-class engineering teams.