Please log in to watch this conference skillscast.
A decade or more ago, iframes were the cool kids on the block. Remember the magic of embedding YouTube videos on your site? Remember using frames to do partial re-renders? Remember building widgets with dancing skeleton gifs!?
Now in 2019, iframes are an embarrassing relic of the old web. They're slow, they're not very flexible, and it's hard to reliably communicate with them.
At PayPal, they genuinely think iframes can be cool again. They have started to use them to build our experiences into cross domain components, allowing us to share and embed our React apps into thousands of sites.
This talk is about how they took iframes and moulded them into first-class components. First by making them as fast - then by making them easy - and finally by making them reusable and composable, just like React components.
YOU MAY ALSO LIKE:
- Cross-Domain Components with React and XComponent, at PayPal - Intermediate (SkillsCast recorded in July 2017)
- WebAssembly Deep Dive with Brian Sletten (in London on 21st - 22nd November 2019)
- Free Code Camp - October (in London on 29th October 2019)
- Device Tree Driver (in London on 29th October 2019)
- Why We Choose React for a Large Scale Financial Trading Platform (SkillsCast recorded in October 2019)
Let's Make iframes Cool Again!