Please log in to watch this conference skillscast.
In this talk, Alex is going to talk about the event loop and about the rendering pipeline. You will look at CSS rules from a different perspective and understand the concept of a CSS reflow / layout. You will also look into Browser APIs and their impact on performance. Throughout the talk, Alex will mention the benefits of modern frameworks, the advantage of using a virtual DOM based rendering library and you will learn how to use the Chrome Dev Tools to identify rendering bottlenecks and issues.
- Why do you get laggy websites?
- Event loop recap
- The advantages of a vDOM implementation
- How the rendering pipeline works
- Which CSS rules trigger which stages from the rendering pipeline
- The will-change property, how to us it
- setTimeout vs requestAnimationFrame
- offloading to webworkers
YOU MAY ALSO LIKE:
- Masterclass: Reducing Technical Debt with Michael C. Feathers (in London on 28th - 29th October 2019)
- Solandra Hands-On Tutorial & Emergent Behaviour In Insects (in London on 28th October 2019)
- Keynote by Konrad Kokosa: What’s New in .NET Core 3.0 and .NET 5.0 for Performance and Memory-Aware Folks? (in London on 29th October 2019)
- Parsley: A Staged Selective Parser Combinator Library (SkillsCast recorded in October 2019)
Done in 0.0166666666 Seconds