A SkillsCast for this session is not available.
Recently after becoming Frontend Engineering Team lead at BCaster Kenigbolo introduced an incremental migration shift from JQuery to VueJs. It sure did seem to be straightforward at first especially with proper test coverage, however 20% -25% into this migration he encountered a certain issues which meant re-evaluation of several architectural decisions that had been made in this regard. The goal of this workshop is to give an in-depth analysis of the following
- Highlight what we tried.
- Highlight where we failed and the lessons learned.
- Changes made related to the architecture.
- How we finally achieved 100% full migration of one of our most important projects into Vue JS.
YOU MAY ALSO LIKE:
- React & Redux: Web Application Workshop with Damjan Vujnovic (Online Course on 25th - 29th October 2021)
- Minimum Viable Migrations (MVM), A Path to Cloud Modernization (SkillsCast recorded in December 2020)
Workshop: JQuery to VueJS - Not Rocket Science
Kenigbolo Meya Stephen is a Full Stack Software Engineer working as the Frontend Engineering Team Lead at BCaster OY. The Arch Convener/Community Manager of CodeAfrique(now Reload), a not-for-profit weekend intensive software engineering bootcamp for underrepresented groups in IT based out of Estonia.