A SkillsCast for this session is not available.
You’ve heard about it, read the book and listened to the talk, but have you actually used Kubernetes? In this workshop, you will be getting hands-on with Kubernetes to learn the fundamentals of what you use.
You’ll deploy application to a pod, expose it with a service and manage it on an ingress. You’ll then look at deployments, and scale our application. Finally, You’ll try and break our application.
This workshop is for anyone who hasn’t used Kubernetes before and wants to get started. There are no prerequisites, all the work will be done via a browser on a remote machine. To participate in the workshop you’ll require a laptop or tablet.
YOU MAY ALSO LIKE:
- How do we become Cloud Native? (SkillsCast recorded in May 2019)
- Docker Fundamentals with Matt Saunders (Online Course on 21st - 24th September 2020)
- Advanced Kubernetes Concepts with Jérôme Petazzoni (Online Course on 28th September - 1st October 2020)
- CloudNative eXchange 2020 (Online Conference on 17th - 18th November 2020)
- London Calling (Online Meetup on 24th September 2020)
- Strategic Domain-Driven Design Tools For Non‑DDD People (Online Meetup on 29th October 2020)
- Debugging Containers on Kubernetes with "kubectl debug" (SkillsCast recorded in July 2020)
- Applied Domain-Driven Design — Full-Stack Event Sourcing (SkillsCast recorded in July 2020)
Workshop: Show me the Kubernetes
Lewis is a founder and co-founder of several computer software businesses specialising in Kubernetes, Cloud Native Computing, Continuous Integration etc. He more recently launched 'Cloud Native Wales', co-founded with Salman Iqbal.
Salman is a Technical Lead at Office for National Statistics.