Please log in to watch this conference skillscast.
Deliberate practice requires focused attention and is conducted with the specific goal of improving performance. In this talk, Janet shares ideas and examples about how to use deliberate practice in your work (or in your life) to change how you do something, or perhaps improve how you do it. Janet extends the idea of deliberate practice from individuals to teams to help bridge the gap between individuals, or even between teams such as business and delivery teams.
For example, you’ve learned a new technique in the conference you want to share with your team, but not sure how to implement it, Janet will share some key ideas to get you to start practicing that technique with a deliberate focus.
YOU MAY ALSO LIKE:
- Keynote: What’s Process Got to do with Quality? (SkillsCast recorded in November 2018)
- Provisional Certified LeSS Practitioner with Ben Maynard (Online Course on 17th - 21st May 2021)
- Certified Scrum Master with Abid Quereshi (Online Course on 1st - 2nd June 2021)
- P3X — People Product Process eXchange 2021 (Online Conference on 8th - 9th September 2021)
- Practical Tips and Tricks for CI/CD Success (Online Meetup on 13th May 2021)
- Personal Engineering: Living Well at Work (SkillsCast recorded in March 2021)
- Why Less? (SkillsCast recorded in February 2021)
Keynote: Deliberate Practice: Reaching your potential
Janet Gregory is an Agile testing coach and practitioner as well as co-author of Agile Testing: A Practical Guide for Testers and Agile Teams and contributor to 97 Things Every Programmer Should Know. Janet specializes in helping Agile teams add value in areas beyond critiquing the product, such as guiding development with business-facing tests. Her courses remain highly popular due to her engaging teaching style and passion for Agile development and testing processes.