Please log in to watch this conference skillscast.
Take any container running in your Kubernetes cluster. What can you say about it and with what level of certainty? Do you know where it came from? Could an attacker have modified it? Is it up-to-date? Can you identify the exact revision of the code that the image was built from?
This talk will look at what guarantees Kubernetes gives you out-of-the-box, and what you can do to establish a trustworthy and reliable workflow for deploying and updating images. Topics and tooling covered will include:
- mutable vs immutable images
- building images in a repeatable manner
- distributing images through registries
- controlling what images can run in your cluster
YOU MAY ALSO LIKE:
- Advanced Techniques for Building Container Images (SkillsCast recorded in September 2019)
- Domain Models in Practice: DDD, CQRS & Event Sourcing with Marco Heimeshoff (Online Course on 30th November - 4th December 2020)
- Docker Fundamentals with Matt Saunders (Online Course on 1st - 4th December 2020)
- CloudNative eXchange 2020 (Online Conference on 17th - 18th November 2020)
- Implementing Microservices: Nobody Told Me About That (SkillsCast recorded in October 2020)
- Debugging Containers on Kubernetes with "kubectl debug" (SkillsCast recorded in July 2020)
Image Provenance and Security in Kubernetes
Adrian Mouat is Chief Scientist at Container Solutions, a European services company specialising in container technologies. He is currently researching container orchestration platforms and image management. Adrian authored "Using Docker" for O'Reilly publishing and is a member of the Docker Captains program.