Digital has transformed many parts of our lives. From the internet to the smartphone giving us access to all knowledge from anywhere. This has all happened in the past 20 or so years. The pace of change is only getting faster, and it is reconfiguring how we run our lives, how organisations function, how businesses redefine their value proposition and how we can be successful in this changing landscape.
We thought about running this session for digital leaders to take stock how far we came, where it is all going in the next decade and most importantly, how much we all need to self-actuate to continue playing a role in being a masterbuilder of the digital world.
Digitalisation of the way products and services are generated and consumed continues to evolve, from autonomous cars, smart cities and infrastructure, with an ever increasing amounts of data – how do we cope with all this? What societal problems is it bringing with it? How do we build this digital future? Where is it going next? Of course, we will consider the technology, but also the transformation of society and customers’ expectations, and by extension the transformation of the organisations we work for, and the skills we need to build to keep relevant in this continued evolution.
In this meet-up, CGI will host an interactive session about how the digital evolution is impacting our personal and professional lives and how we have to put ourselves on learning journeys to prepare for what will come next. We’ll discuss the technology constraints and enablers and how to continue on your success as a business or an individual masterbuilder of the Smart Digital lives.
YOU MAY ALSO LIKE:
- Fast Track to Machine Learning with Louis Dorard (in London on 15th - 17th July 2019)
- Real-time Systems with Spark Streaming and Kafka (in London on 23rd - 24th September 2019)
- Infiniteconf 2019 - A one-day community celebration of Big Data, Machine Learning and AI (in London on 4th July 2019)
- CloudNative London 2019 (in London on 25th - 27th September 2019)
- The wonders of IBM: Watson, artificial intelligence, Swift coding and databases! (in London on 19th June 2019)
- London TensorFlow.js (in London on 20th June 2019)
- AI Auditing Framework (SkillsCast recorded in June 2019)
- Applying Monte Carlo Tree Search (MCTS) to the Protein Folding (SkillsCast recorded in June 2019)
Smart Lives, Smart Work - How to be the Masterbuilders of the Digital Future
Steve Evans leads CGI UK’s Emerging Technology Practice which is positioned to identify and exploit market relevant shifts in technology for the benefit our its clients. Steve has extensive strategy consulting as well as enterprise-wide digital transformation experience developed through both industry sector and management consulting roles over the past 20 years.
Cate Elder is a Consultant in CGI UK’s Emerging Technology Practice, and manages the Emerging Technology Ecosystem. The Emerging Technology Practice positions CGI UK at the forefront of Emerging Technology, and through its Ecosystem of third-party relationships, drives innovation and value for our clients. Cate has significant experience in senior marketing, communications and partner management roles, gained across a number of sectors.