Have you heard about Docker? Do you think its too complicated? Are you intimidated by the whole concept of containerization? If yes, then this talk is for you.
Ibukunoluwa answered yes to these questions less than a year ago. Now he cannot start a new project without docker. He has tamed the beast and is now able to take advantage of all of its benefits. In this talk, he will explain what Docker containers are and outline their benefits. he will also present a simple architecture for developing Django applications. It will include, Django, Mysql, RabbitMQ, Memcache and Nginx all running in separate containers. He will show a demo of how such an application can be deployed to Heroku easily.
YOU MAY ALSO LIKE:
- Domain Models in Practice: DDD, CQRS & Event Sourcing with Marco Heimeshoff (Online Course on 30th November - 4th December 2020)
- Docker Fundamentals with Matt Saunders (Online Course on 1st - 4th December 2020)
- Strategic Domain-Driven Design Tools For Non‑DDD People (Online Meetup on 29th October 2020)
- Implementing Microservices: Nobody Told Me About That (SkillsCast recorded in October 2020)
- Debugging Containers on Kubernetes with "kubectl debug" (SkillsCast recorded in July 2020)
Container based Architecture for Django Applications
Ibukunoluwa works as a Software Development Engineer for a travel technology company. His team is responsible for our build system, development environment, delivery pipeline and framework integrations. He uses python daily to develop tools that assist other developers in doing their job. Lately, he has been using Docker and Django a lot.