Please log in to watch this conference skillscast.
The first panicked 3am call from your bosses boss telling you that something is down, the multi-million contract which the company lives and dies by is at risk and you have 10 minutes to fix it is a great day. It means your software means something, it has value!
But after the dust settles and we all realize that we don’t know when the next critical failure is, how do we start gaining visibility on the health and fitness of our systems? Are dashboards the answer?
JB talks about his journey from how he and his team evolved visibility in their systems, reduced those 3am calls, proposes throwing those overhead dashboards in the bin and looks to the future of how we could build self-monitoring software.
YOU MAY ALSO LIKE:
- Domain Models in Practice: DDD, CQRS & Event Sourcing with Marco Heimeshoff (Online Course on 30th November - 4th December 2020)
- Sociotechnical Domain-Driven Design with Kacper Gunia (Online Course on 7th - 8th December 2020)
- Strategic Domain-Driven Design Tools For Non‑DDD People (Online Meetup on 29th October 2020)
- Implementing Microservices: Nobody Told Me About That (SkillsCast recorded in October 2020)
- Debugging Containers on Kubernetes with "kubectl debug" (SkillsCast recorded in July 2020)
Lightning Talk: Continuous Visibility, No More Dashboards!
JB is a Tech Lead at ThoughtWorks. He has spent 13 years in the sports data world working with big, fast, critical microservice ecosystems. A keen microservice advocate he is looking forward to helping companies release the potential of their digital platforms by embracing the small and chatty.